Friday, January 20, 2012

Thinking about my Dad and Things


A couple of months ago I posted a blog on "Change"  It was intended for our community in dealing with the changes to the Roman Missal.  Little did I know the Lord was preparing me for major changes, one being the passing of my dad.  This Song "All at Once" from the Airborne Toxic Event has helped me to reflect on change, as well as prayer obviously.  Here are the lyrics that hit home for me.

"We grow old all at once
And it comes like a punch
In the gut, in the back, in the face
When it seems someone's lied
And our parents have died
Then we hold onto each other in their place
And I feel the water risin' around us
Maybe that's okay
Yeah, I feel the world changin' all at once
I guess it'll be okay"
Lyrics by The Airborne Toxic Event

No comments:

Post a Comment